Registration Information for Lovejoy ISD Parents
Contact our Team:
Parents joined us for Dr. Tim Elmore's presentation:
The New Wave:
Understanding and Connecting with Gen iY Athletes
Learning @ Lovejoy 2014
There is a new generation of student athletes. In this interactive session, Dr. Tim Elmore addresses the latest trends from Generation iY and how their style impacts all aspects of the school campus and athletic department. This talk is specifically designed for coaches and staff working with athletes. The session will cover topics such as:
- How do their minds work? Why do athletes think the way they do?
- How can you use an EPIC language to connect with student athletes?
- How can you capitalize on your student athletes’ strengths and minimize their weaknesses?
- What’s the best way to equip them to become leaders on and off the field? How can you collaborate with their parents in a healthy way?
- How can you address generational diversity among players and coaches?
Dr. Tim Elmore is the founder and president of Growing Leaders, an Atlanta-based non-profit organization created to develop emerging leaders. Through Growing Leaders, Elmore and his team provide public schools, state universities, civic organizations and corporations with the tools they need to help develop young leaders who can impact and transform society. Elmore’s curriculum is widely recognized as one of the most effective programs for training and inspiring our next generation of leaders.
Tim Elmore has written more than 25 books, including the best-selling series Habitudes: Images that Form Leadership Habits and Attitudes, Life Giving Mentors, Generation iY, and Artificial Maturity. He has delivered leadership training and keynotes to hundreds of academic and corporate organizations in more than 30 countries as well as dozens of athletic organizations including the University of Alabama, the University of Nebraska, the University of North Carolina, Virginia Tech and professional baseball clubs like the San Francisco Giants and Kansas City Royals.